Firms awarded the tender to supply the sanitary towels FY 2017/2018
Pursuant to PP&AD Act (2015), Section 92, the State Department for Gender Affairs went for open tender process and awarded the supply of 14.8 million sanitary towels to 12 firms, divided into 8 Lots. 10 out of the 12 firms are AGPO Certified accounting for 87%of the total tender value.
The Suppliers were issued with Local Purchase Orders on 3rd April 2018.
The total beneficiaries of the projects are 3, 703, 452 girls collectively receiving 14, 813, 810 packets of sanitary towels costing Ksh. 420, 618, 057. The State Department for Gender s responsible for logistics, monitoring and evaluation for the entire project including:
- Quality Assurance on quality for money through the different implementation levels;
- Targeting and distribution from sub-County Headquarters to the individual schools;
- Publicity and Communication including information materials, National and County launches and media coverage
- Convening and facilitation of implementation Committees at different levels;
- The county women MPs are responsible for the actual distribution to the targeted girls at the schools.
Twelve Firms were awarded the tender to supply the Sanitary towels to the public primary, special primary and secondary schools. These are:
|01||Ms. Rapid Medical Supplies Limited||1||Kiambu, Kirinyaga, Nyeri and Murang’a|
|02||Ms. Platinum Enterprises Limited||2||Machakos, Kajiado and Nairobi|
|03||Ms. Medionics Health Care||3||:Kitui, Tharaka Nithi, Embu, Makueni, Meru.|
|04||Ms. Rodiam Technology||4||Narok, Bomet, Samburu, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Marsabit, Laikipia, Baringo and Isiolo|
|05||Ms. Yomasons Contractors Limited||5||Taita Taveta, Wajir, Tana River, Garissa,Lamu, Kwale, Mandera, Mombasa and Kilifi|
|06||Ms. Triple N. Capital
Ms. Power Options Limited,
Ms. Imani Holdings Limited
Ms. Premium Computer Services Limited
|6||Kisii, Nyamira, Homabay, Kisumu, Migori and Siaya|
|07||Ms. Abey Limited||7||West Pokot, Uasin Gishu, Trans Nzoia, Elgeyo Marakwet and Turkana|
|08||Ms. Encartar and Rapid Group Limited||8||Vihiga, Kakamega, Kericho, Nandi, Busia and Bungoma|